Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Rekindle

anazoipureo – means to rekindle, inflame, stir –up - 2 Timothy 1:6

-unique double meaning:

a. to rekindle or to refresh a fire that has almost gone out

b.to keep a full flame going – don’t neglect it

I went through a brief season in 2009 where the fire of God had dimmed in me. I was experiencing fatigue, some unusual stress, and became complacent in my daily devotional times with the Lord. It is amazing how quickly and easily it can happen.

As I freshly yielded myself to the Spirit of God, I began to be brought back into that "sweet spot" of continual fellowship with the Father. We worship the God who is constantly drawing us deeper into Himself. Some start far away while others never leave his side. Neither scenario modifies his disposition of love for us.

Perhaps you are in a difficult or spiritually dry season. Rekindle the gift of God that is in you. His grace and mercy are available. Create some space in your life today to respond to him. As we reach out, we discover His hands are already extended.

Rob


1 comment: