Thursday, February 4, 2010

2 Timothy

1 and 2 Timothy and Titus are three very special books in the New Testament. I continue to be amazed weekly (just in 2 Timothy) how relevant and convicting Paul's instruction is to young Timothy. There is so much God is working in my life during this series.

My father recently encouraged me to read these "Pastoral Epistles (as they are technically referred to) once a quarter. I understand now why he recommends this.

This weekend we will be moving into part six "Holy Scripture: 3:10-17." I just finished the teaching notes this morning and am reflecting on the message. I like to "preach" it to myself first. I am praying today that the "scriptural renaissance" I will refer to this weekend will begin in my heart. I so desire to surrender all of my being to God - my actions, my thoughts, my study, my ambitions, my selfishness, my past mistakes, etc... The words of Holy Scripture are life in the midst of a lifeless world.

"Taste and see that He is good."

Rob


No comments:

Post a Comment