Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Inconvenience

This past weekend we identified four areas of inconvenience: time, messiness, money, and reputation. Each one of these are deeply inconvenienced when we step out to help our "neighbor" (as Jesus identifies neighbor in the parable).

For me I have been focusing this week on surrendering over my time to the Lord. This doesn't mean I have given up on planning and organization. God made me that way (I am an off-the-chart "J" on the Myers/Briggs)! However, it does mean that I am capable of responding with grace and mercy to "curves in the road" that I did not anticipate. God does not seem to warn us of them. It's as if God knows that the navigation of an unexpected turn produces something in us that would not develop if we were informed that the turn was coming. So let's get busy holding tight to the steering wheel and being ready for wherever God leads.

So this has been my focus this week from the sermon. I hope you are joining in with us and becoming ministers of inconvenience!

Rob


No comments:

Post a Comment