Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Today's Focus: Peace

From our message this past weekend, I am focusing today on taking aim at "peace." Historically, this has been very absent from my life. I have often struggled with worry, anxiety, excessive fixation on problems, and basic discontentment.

Peace is the catharsis we experience when we fully comprehend God's grace and mercy and love towards us. I find, quite simply, that the less I am thinking on these "graces," the less peace I experience. And conversely, the more I think on these "graces," the over-abundance of peace I experience.

My focus today is to remain in a constant state of peace through all that God has for me. I believe that God has wired us to simultaneously engage in the responsibilities of the day while doing so from a posture of peace. Jesus is the ultimate example. He never was content to passively approach his day. Rather he actively pursued the will of the Father and was at peace doing so.

Busyness in the world typically implies stress. Busyness with God is about doing His will and implies peace. "My yoke is easy and my burden is light," said Jesus. I believe him. Do you?

Rob


3 comments:

  1. Good reminder for the mom of a VERY active little boy...I need to focus on God's peace and knowing that I am right where I am supposed to be...doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing because of God's grace, mercy and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with this at times more than others. Right now is a stressful time in my life, but I am learning to rely on God, trusting in His plan and accepting that His grace is sufficient for me, and the gift of His peace is always on the table if I will just accept it. Thanks for this encouraging post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's learn to accept it together! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete